M, #3377, b. 9 March 1886, d. October 1962
Jermie Ellis|b. 9 Mar 1886\nd. Oct 1962|p3377.htm|George Ellis|b. 16 Mar 1848\nd. 24 Mar 1931|p3374.htm|Amy Elizabeth Parker|b. 15 Mar 1848\nd. 28 Sep 1897|p3451.htm|Elias Ellis|b. s 1803\nd. 18 Sep 1881|p3452.htm|Nancy Gritton|b. 14 Dec 1806\nd. 6 Mar 1850|p3453.htm|Job Parker|b. s 1818|p3707.htm|Mary (?)|b. 1830?|p3708.htm|
Relationship=Granduncle of Robert Lynn Adams.
Relationship=Uncle of Robert George Adams.
Last Edited=12 Aug 2008
Jermie Ellis was born on 9 March 1886 at probably Saline Co., Missouri.1,2,3 He was the son of George Ellis and Amy Elizabeth Parker. Jermie Ellis was enumerated as Jermie Ellis, son on the Census of 13 June 1900. He is listed as a white male, age 15, and born in Missouri in Mar. 1885. His father was born in Indiana, his mother in Missouri. He can read, write, and speak English. He is single and a farm laborer.4
Jermie Ellis, Amy Ellis, Clara Ellis and William Edward Ellis standing. Irene Hunnington Burke Ellis sitting.
Photo courtesy of Dave Weiss
Photo courtesy of Dave Weiss
Jermie Ellis was enumerated in the household of Edwin Niederjohn in the 1910 Census of at Middleton Township, Lafayette Co., Missouri, and is listed as a "hired man." He is age 24 and single. He is a farm laborer.5
Jermie Ellis married Rosie M. (?) say 1921.6
Jermie Ellis was listed as the head of household as Jeremie Ellis on the 1930 Census recorded 11 April 1930 at Elmwood Township, Mt. Leonard, Saline Co., Missouri. The official date of this census was 1 Apr 1930. He is listed as 44 years old, and first married at age 35. He owns the home which is valued at 1500. He was born in Missouri. His father was born in Missouri, his mother in the United States. He is a truck driver and does odd jobs. He can read and write. He is not a veteran. Also living in the household were his wife, Rosie M. Ellis.6
Jermie Ellis died in October 1962 at age 76 years and 6 months.1,7 He was buried 1962 Nelson Cemetery, Saline Co., Missouri, 39.0008550~-93.0215844, To see others buried at the same cemetery, go to the preceeding link for Nelson *Cemetery.8
- [S188] Marshall, MO. Marshall Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution, Saline County, MO Cemeteries.
- [S8] SSA Death Index: Viewed on Ancestry.com 30 Nov 2002.
Name Birth Date Death Date Last Residence
(City,County,State) Issued SSN
JERMIE ELLIS 9 Mar 1886 Oct 1962 MO (Before 1951 ) 498-22-9048
Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Orem, UT: Ancestry, Inc., 2000.
- [S323] George Ellis, Veterans Pension, CSS# 2 6 40 647, Copy of pension file in possession of Robert L. Adams, From a questionnaire form the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Pensions, signed by George Ellis on July 5, 1915. Jermie's date of birth is shown as Mar.9, 1885. A second questionnaire signed by George Ellis on May 4, 1898 also gave the Mar. 9, 1885 date.
- [S345] 1900 US Census Population Schedule, Saline Co., MO, Missouri, Saline Co., Salt Fork Township, Supervisor's District No. 7, Enumeration District No. 138, Sheet 8, Stamped 325A, Dwelling No. 138, Family No. 141, Lines 18-23
Heritage Guest Online
ELLIS, GEORGE (1900 U.S. Census)
MISSOURI , SALINE, SALT FORK TWP
Age: 52, Male, Race: WHITE, Born: IN
Series: T623 Roll: 902 Page: 325.
- [S484] 1910 US Census Population Schedule, Lafayette County, Missouri, Supervisor's District 7, Enumeration District 103, Sheet 10A (Stamped 9),Dwelling No. 157, Family No. 158, Line 72.
- [S346] 1930 US Census Population Schedule, Saline Co., MO, Enumeration District 98-18, Supervisor's District 6, Sheet No. 2A (Stamped 102), Dwelling #32, Family #33, Lines 17-20.
- [S470] SSDI, Rootsweb online. (JERMIE ELLIS, SSN 498-22-9048, issued in the State of Missouri, birth listed as 09 Mar 1886, death listed as Oct 1962. Last residence (Missouri), last benefit (none specified). Accessed by Robert L. Adams on 26 Jun 2006.).
- [S188] Marshall, MO. Marshall Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution, Saline County, MO Cemeteries, page 46.