Ethel Lee Ellis
F, #11, b. 3 October 1880, d. 7 January 1970
Ethel Lee Ellis|b. 3 Oct 1880\nd. 7 Jan 1970|p11.htm|George Ellis|b. 16 Mar 1848\nd. 24 Mar 1931|p3374.htm|Amy Elizabeth Parker|b. 15 Mar 1848\nd. 28 Sep 1897|p3451.htm|Elias Ellis|b. s 1803\nd. 18 Sep 1881|p3452.htm|Nancy Gritton|b. 14 Dec 1806\nd. 6 Mar 1850|p3453.htm|Job Parker|b. s 1818|p3707.htm|Mary (?)|b. 1830?|p3708.htm|
Relationship=Grandmother of Robert Lynn Adams.
Relationship=Mother of Robert George Adams.
Last Edited=13 Dec 2009
Ethel Lee Ellis was born on 3 October 1880 at Saline Co., Missouri.2,3 She was the daughter of George Ellis and Amy Elizabeth Parker.1
Ethel Lee ELLIS Adams
Ethel Lee Ellis married William M. Adams, son of William Adams and Elizabeth Willson, on 10 April 1904 at Kansas when she was 23.1,4
Julia Elizabeth Adams, the daughter of Ethel Lee Adams and William M. Adams was born 22 January 1905 at Kansas City, Wyandette Co., Kansas. Ethel Lee Adams was enumerated as Ethel Adams on the Census at Kansas City, Wyandotte Co., Kansas. She is age 23 and was born in Missouri. She is a housewife. She moved to Kansas from Missouri..5
Ethel Lee Adams was enumerated with William M. Adams as Ethel Adams on the Census of 26 April 1910. She is shown as a white female, age 29 and married to William for 6 years. She was the mother of 3 children. Two children were still living. Her place of birth is Missouri. Her father's place of birth is shown as Iowa; her mother's as Illinois. She could read and write..6
Ethel Lee Ellis and William M. Adams lived in 509 E. Prairie, Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa, on 12 September 1918.7
Ethel K. Adams was listed as William M. Adams's wife on his World War I Draft Registration, dated 12 September 1918, in Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa; He is employed as a cashier. He is described as of medium height and slender build with grey eyes and brown hair.7 Ethel Lee Adams was enumerated as Ethel Adams, wife, on the Census of 1 June 1920 at Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa. She is a 39 year old, married, white, female. She can read and write. She was born in Missouri.8 She was enumerated on the Census of 1925 at Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa. .1
Ethel Lee Adams lived in Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa, on 13 December 1930 The property was purchased in the name of Ethel Adams only. This was probably unusual in 1930.9
Ethel Lee Adams was a member of the Eastern Star, White shrine and Daughters of Union Veterans. She had been a Worthy High Priestess of White Shrine.10
Ethel Lee Adams died on 7 January 1970 at Golden Age Manor, Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa, at age 89 years, 3 months and 4 days.10 Her funeral was held at United Methodist Church, Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa, on 9 January 1970.10
On 7 January 1970 William M. Adams was named as Ethel Lee Adams's deceased husband in Ethel Lee's obituary. Robert George Adams, William Woodrow Adams and Charles Elias Adams was/were named as Ethel Lee Adams's son in Ethel Lee's obituary. Julia Elizabeth Elfstrom, Dorothy Maurine Hart and Edith Adams was/were named as Ethel Lee Adams's daughter in Ethel Lee's obituary.10 She was buried 9 January 1970 Oakland Cemetery, Centerville, Appanoose Co., Iowa, 40.7352918~-92.8635316, To see others buried at the same cemetery, go to the preceeding link for Oakland *Cemetery.10
Children of Ethel Lee Ellis and William M. Adams
- [S13] 1925 Appanoose Co., IA State Census.
- [S277] Unknown author, "FGS, George Ellis", Original obtained from Mildren Kuchan in possession of Robert L. Adams.
- [S323] George Ellis, Veterans Pension, CSS# 2 6 40 647, Copy of pension file in possession of Robert L. Adams, From a questionnaire form the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Pensions, signed by George Ellis on July 5, 1915.
- [S412] Obituary of Will Adams, 25 Sep 1950.
- [S536] 1905 Kansas State Census of Wyandotte County, Page 39; Dwelling # 249; Family # 276; Lines 19-25.
- [S190] Appanoose County Iowa, Family Quest Archives, Heritage Quest T644/390/Part3/157A, Enumertion District 16, sheet 21A (stamped number 157) Ward 3, 829 South Main St.
- [S462] William Adams. "WWI Draft Registrations," http://www.ancestry.com
- [S1] 1920 US Census Population Schedule, Appanoose Co., IA, Entry 489 / 500 for 509 East (unreadable).
- [S250] Warranty Deed to Ethel Adams.
- [S416] Obituary of Ethel Adams, 07 jan 1970.
- [S433] Centerville Iowegian, 06 Aug 1990.
- [S9] Robert George Adams entry, Birth Certificate (18 Dec 1942).